Hydra Yoga Spa’s curriculum is based in Eastern medicine, ancient Ayurveda, anatomy and pathology to provide our students with a holistic understanding of the mind-body. We craft specific trainings to augment 200 hour certifications. Our goal with any student would be to eventually work directly with us as a paid internship position. Check out some of our future offerings:
Hydra Hot Yoga Teacher and Meditative Vinyasa 200hr Certification Program: April-June, 2021
Extensive training in anatomy and trigger point theory meets with Eastern medicine and ancient Ayurveda. The primary goal this training is to prepare teachers with solid foundation on the cues of the postures and professional “how to” to lead a positive and healing Meditative Vinyasa and Hydra Hot Yoga class. The second objective is to impart the anatomical healing, spiritual healing wisdom as well as the understanding of the historical lineage of yoga to give teachers the grounding they need to conduct and customize the class toward the healing and wisdom of their students. Included in the course are a many field trips to experience the yoga and spa-work of a variety of modalities (Free massages!) The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali.
Sample Day 1
- 10am to 12:00pm- Hydra Hot Yoga followed by Thai Massage Clinic (10am Asana Class)
- 12:00pm to 6:00pm- Ayurvedic Theory followed by Vinyasa Healing Class (4pm Asana Class)
Sample Day 2
- 7:00am to 12:00pm- Hydra Hot Yoga followed by Anatomy Covering (7am Asana Class) Structural Integration, Anatomy and Organ Systems
- 2:00pm to 7:00pm- Professionalism, Teaching Strategies and Assists (4pm Asana Class) Student Guided Class, Student Feedback
Sample Day 3
- 7:00am to 11:00am- Meditative Vinyasa and Ayurvedic/Meridian Theory (7am Asana class)
- 7:00pm to 10:00pm- Hydra Hot Yoga and Business Professionalism (7pm Asana class) with emphasis on Class Customization and Integration
Each segment is 25 hours and will have two unifying topics to demo how to theme a yoga class or yoga teaching for the students. The unifying topics will be on the Ayurveda Chakras or the different facial lines therefore different Organ Systems and their functions, diseases and varying emotional connections. Each 3 day segment is 25 hours multiplied by 9 segments and includes one 3 hour workshop on the Yoga Sutras Of Patanjali with emphasis on the 8 limbs of yoga from Swami Arivananda.
Hydra Hot Yoga and Meditative Vinyasa Teaching Assistant: 60hr Continuing Education Program
Options for previously certified 200hr Yoga Teachers to audit this course as Teaching Assistants are available. Teaching Assistants pay for each class by the hour and are required to attend all class periods when yoga-asana is in Session.
Currently In Session:
Acupressure and Trigger Point Therapy: Advanced Teacher Training
Revealing the secrets of Integrated Thai Massage and Meditative Vinyasa, this training help solves the underlying causes of pain using trigger point therapy and explores the connections of our energy channels to the modern yoga practice.
November – December Topics:
– Acupressure within Hydra Yoga Therapy and Integrated Thai Massage
– Structuring Integrated Thai Acupressure within Public and Private Hydra Yoga Sessions
-Understanding Trigger Point Therapy and the Physical Nature of Tension
– Understanding Acupressure and the Energetic Nature of Emotion
January February Topics:
Acupressure Specializing in the Upper Body
– Trigger Point Therapy for the Upper back, neck and head,
– Trigger Point Therapy for the shoulders, chest antebrachium and hand
– Trigger point therapy for Anterior Hip, thigh, low back, posterior hip and thigh, Anterior-lateral-posterior Cus, Pes Plantar and dorsal foot
March April Topics:
The Energetic System of Acupressure
– Acupressure Yoga for Common Emotional Complaints
(abandonment, addiction, anger, anxiety, codependency, depression, numbness, fear, grief, incest,
jealousy, mood swings, sexual abuse, stress, trauma and self doubt)
– Acupressure for Physical Imbalances
(Chronic Fatigue Fibromyalgia, Insomnia, Women’s Hormones, Nightmares)
– Acupressure within the context of the Chakra system, Ayurveda
February, March and April will hold clinic hours in Hydra Yoga Massage and Meditative Vinyasa. Please submit yourself to be our test subjects!!
Trigger Point Therapy for Myofascial Pain, Donna Finado L.A.c, L.M.T and Steven Finando, L.A.c, PhD
The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook, by Clair Davies NCTMB and Amber Davies CMTPT, L.M.T. (Second Edition Preferred)
Starting children in a yoga practice is a powerful way to help them counteract the stress, diet and inactivity of modern life. This training will help teachers learn developmentally appropriate contraindications, benefits, and modifications.
Hydra Yoga Medical Reflexology Therapy
Learn all the angles of foot massage from modern western structural theory, to mystical Thai Yoga to ancient Traditional Chinese medicine. The foot is an amazing map of the rest of the body. With practice it is easy to read the inner-body with the a quick, noninvasive and totally delicious relaxing experience that is reflexology foot massage. Whether you want to assist in healing your clients from Hydra Yoga classes in private sessions or your are just interested in helping to heal your friends and family- reflexology is a REAL fascinating technology that the world needs more than ever!! Start and pause this course any time!!
Power Yoga Sunday School: Practicum Session Hours
Class specifically designed for the powerful passionate potential yoga teachers exclusively for Hydra Yoga. Peace and strength collide in this advanced training in meditation, classic power yoga postures, yoga sequencing and exclusive hydra yoga body movement principles.