|Lonely Heart Yoga Retreat w/ Hydra Yoga Therapy|
|My yoga friends…|
I am so honored to hold space with my new yoga students and *hopefully* some of you I haven’t seen in a long time for a three day retreat in the beauty of my backyard in the Santa Cruz Mountains. Feb 9th to the 13th 2022.
We can’t talk to each other for long these days until one of us mentions how exhausted we are. Crushing work loads, splintered personal and family relationships due to the soar in depression/anxiety, substance addiction and technology have left us hallow.
Please allow me to share with you the tools to refresh your spirit and comfort your body/mind. Hydrate yourself with: breath focused meditation, Yin Yoga for the Absolute Beginner, easy sensible Sanskrit chanting, short gorgeous hikes to hillsides and waterfalls, peaceful stars, holy redwoods, comforting light-to-deep Tantsu (R) massage and one divine hot tub. I will be leading short seminars on Shamanic Tibetan practices which pull from nature to align and strengthen internal energies. We plan to expand on these lessons for another retreat, part 2, in March integrating Ayurveda and Trauma Recovery.
Healing, Peace, Faith and most of all hope. That we all may feel the true wisdom of divine nature.
Kelly Tatum CMT ERYT
It’s been hard for me to decide permanently on what our rules for the Corona Virus would be because for the last year the information was changing so fast. During the course of that last year I’ve come to realized what the science is, what the most sensible guidelines are and what I’m comfortable with. Last June I moved into a much bigger space on The Alameda in San Jose, so that really helps with air circulation and social distancing. It’s with a heavy heart that I draw these guidelines because I know not everyone will agree with them and my close group of clients are like family to me. However, I am starting to feel uncomfortable with closely interacting with so many people weekly. It’s more important to me that everyone is safe and healthy vs. everyone is getting their massages and yoga. So here goes:
- Yoga classes wear masks unless you are having trouble breathing. Yoga classes are limited to 3 to 5 students with air purifiers and I’m often teaching to people who are in the same Pod together. As you know many of my classes I’m teaching to less than a couple people, this is why my standards deviate vs. other studios.
- Regular clients, and this is that hardest for me because it’s you who really make this practice, to continue working with you on a weekly and monthly basis I really need you to be vaccinated. My greatest fear is that I could make you sick. If you don’t care if you get sick, I understand that’s your choice, but I don’t want to be involved with it.
- The biggest question I get is using a mask during a massage. I know it’s really hard to breathe face down. We are facing away from each other with the purifier on in a large room. From what I’m seeing it would be ok to take the mask off or at least stick your nose out. Face up I strongly recommend putting the mask back on. I keep my mask on at all times but there are still a lot of disease that can be passed when I am working on your neck with my head right above you. I will not force you to wear you mask face up because the nature of massage is to breathe.
- Any surface including mats, blocks, face cradles, tables, chairs, door knobs, lotion bottles, towel warmer and closets are sprayed with alcohol and wiped with Clorox.
- I am limiting massage clients to two a day and limiting yoga classes to two a day.
- Myself, all my staff and colleagues are fully vaccinated.
Thank you for your understanding,
Kelly Tatum Zimmerman
Certified Massage Therapist Advanced Registered Yoga Instructor
I try to stay on top of the recent trends in fitness. For example my yoga students know and love/hate my methods with the OmniBall core product- specifically designed to tone, strengthen and generally torture the core muscles. (The Omniball … Continue reading
Join us on December 13th from 11:00 am – 12:30 pm at our studio for a unique class featuring 108 Sun Salutations. The class is suitable for all levels. The best part is the class is half off and only … Continue reading
Congrats to our Costume Winners! Enjoy your 45 minute Massages!